AGENDA FOR POSITIVE CHANGE
“Our nation is headed in the wrong direction, and the last thing we need is more of the same. Let’s make a fresh start in a new direction.”
Restore America’s positive place in the world
- Implement a smart strategy to end our involvement in Iraq’s civil war and bring our brave men and women home
- Repair relations with traditional allies and forge new strategic alliances in global trouble spots
Improve national security
- Provide more resources for community first responders, police, firefighters, and other emergency personnel.
- Secure the border and enforce existing immigration law
Fight for energy independence
- Promote alternative energy sources to end dependence on foreign oil
- Enforce existing laws against gas and utility price gouging
Reduce national debt
- Balance the federal budget and make Congress do what every Texas family has to — live within its means — with common-sense pay-as-you-go deficit reduction policies.
- Eliminate earmarks and other special-interest pork
Guarantee Affordable Health Care
- Implement open disclosure of all health care related prices and create a single risk pool to leverage down insurance costs
- Reverse cuts in Medicare reimbursements to doctors
Strengthen middle-class families
- Restore federal funding for Pell Grant and other assistance programs that help eligible middle-class families afford college.
- Restore Social Security taxes taken from middle-class families and protect our pensions